Friday, July 14, 2006

Reached the Top of the Stairs!

Woohoo! Two quilts tops finished in one day. I just added the last border to the Stairstepper quilt. That makes three tops in one week... boy does my hubby have his work cut out for him. He better get to it soon as Gentry's birthday is Aug. 21.
Now I have to get back to some UFO's. I really need to work on my Sampler of Psalms, so I guess that is what I'll do. I should probably do it tonight or else I might not get around to it at all.

The AC man came back last night, "said" he fixed it and left in a hurry. 10 minutes later more flooding. Hubby called him again and he said it must be a clog in the pipe in the wall and it would be lots of work, need to use a special machine, etc. I finally convinced my dear husband that this man was completely incompetent and I suggested that he check out a couple of things himself. Well, it only took two seconds and just half a brain to see that the rubber part connecting the two pipes was all cracked and torn up and obviously was the real reason for the leak... as that is also where the water was coming from. Hubby replaced it this morning... the piece cost around $3. Now we just have to deal with the carpet... but at least I don't have to see that guy anymore!

3 comments:

quiltpixie said...

glad you got it fixed, sorry you had to "do it yourself" due to incompetance or willfulness of the installer :-(

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

What a "mess" with the A/C guy - as my DH says "you can't get good help these days".

The Stairstep Quilt is beautiful - good job. You've been on a roll this week. Way to go!

Patti said...

Great job with the quilt tops. I love the stairstepper one in in the photo!

Seems like we find more and more incompetence everywhere these days. And people getting more adept at making excuses instead of solving problem. Real customer service is so rare any more!