Monday, September 03, 2007

Blessing in Abundance...

Did you have a good holiday weekend? I did and feel very blessed. Actually, all of last week was wonderful. My new pattern is doing very well. I need to post a list of online stores that are carrying it. Maybe not tonight, but tomorrow for sure. A friend of mine pointed out that the first prize on the prize list for the Mall Crawl is a "Sassy Sixteen" kit. It is a little odd to see something you put so much into popping in places you don't expect.

Which brings me to the name of my company... Divine Inspirations. I've been asked about the name and the answer is very simple. I want to honor God in everything I do. And the designs for both patterns came to me in such an amazingly fast way, like lightning striking (but in a good way) that I know without a doubt that He is the one who really deserves the credit. So, that is why I named the business Divine Inspirations.

I also felt blessed today with the Labor Day sales! Went to Hancock's and every single item I got was 50% off! One of the items I acquired was the Clover Bias Tape Maker. I hope it works well as I have needed to put some vines on a quilt forever.

Here is the second block in the "Quilt of Your Own" (QOYO) series.... sort of. I changed it quite a bit from it's original "Roman Stripe" pattern. I didn't want to make so many little squares, so I made them larger. And I didn't want to waste so much of the white fabric, so I just cut squares in half on the diagonal. Made long stripes and cut the triangles from those. I did have some leftover scraps from the stripes and will make a different block from those.

I'm obsessed with cutting right now. I cut the pieces for the next QOYO block. I'm working on the templates for the next BOM for the guild. I started cutting the FQs for my step-mom's next quilt. And tonight I'm going to cut some FQs for a demo for my sister's store. If time allows, I might even cut squares for some tessellated placemats. Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut.....

No comments: