Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a Wonderful Surprise!

I received an email yesterday from Liz Schedeler of Bits 'n Pieces Quilt and Fabric Shoppe, telling me to check out the McCall's Quilting April 2009 issue. You could have knocked me over with a feather!









What a great honor and good exposure, even if they did misspell my name. It's not Kimberly Camon, it's Kimberly Camou. I didn't really mind much, but hubby immediately called the editorial department and left a message. People are constantly misspelling my last name, not to mention mispronouncing it. It is pronounced like "canoe", but with an "m" instead of the "n". However, this isn't the first time I've had my name mispelled in publication...when I was junior high, I won 3rd place in a writing contest for the DAR. The local newspaper printed "Kiberly". When you try to say it...it sounds like you are trying to say "Kimberly" with a really stuffed up nose. LOL! No matter, just be sure to stop by Liz's shop if you are ever in New Hampshire or visit her online. She is really a sweetie!


I had a pretty productive weekend. I finished all of the initial cutting to make the quilt for my next pattern. I have listed in the instructions to mark before you cut to avoid mistakes...I didn't mark, so I made a mistake and had to order more fabric. Thank goodness they had some at River City Quilts. I think that is the second time I was able to find something I really needed and they were carrying it when other stores no longer had it. So, whether you are desperate or just looking for fun, stop by and visit them.


I finished the bindings on Judy's SSG quilt and will be giving it to her this week. I also started to work on the Valentine's Kit I had mentioned before. However, what I thought was a small to medium sized wall-hanging is actually much larger and has a zillion pieces. Not what I need to be working on right now. So, I moved on to the "Thomas in Paris" quilt. Much more simple and fun. I nearly have the whole center part pieced and will show pics soon.



Well, that about sums up my weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend too!


2 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations on being mentioned in a national magazine!!! Wahoo!!! Way to go!!! Too bad they mispelled your name, but they got the pattern name right!

Desiree said...

Congratulations!! How awesome for you! Too bad about the name thing, though I'm with you. You'd be surprised how many people can't spell, let alone pronounce Desiree correctly. When I married I thought "Bowman" was an easy last name, apparently no on that count too.