Friday, May 06, 2005

20, Border & Finished...

I completed block 20 and the borders tonight... the top is finished!!!! It looks great, but I still worry if he will like it or not.
Now for a few corrections...on the last post I mentioned doing the "binding" on Friday, when I meant "basting". I always mix those two words around! And, silly me, I didn't even allow time to piece the back together... it is only two pieces, but I do still need to cut the yardage in half and sew them together. So, that is what I will be doing tomorrow night, so I don't know if I'll get to the basting then or until Saturday.
The thread hasn't arrived yet, so who knows when I'll be able to start quilting on it. But I guess I don't need to bother myself too much about it until after it is basted.
No cover work yet tonight, but I plan on cutting some squares for a fabric swap. And at quilt class on Saturday afternoon, I'll just get to work freely on that Twisted Sister quilt. I only have three blocks done, but I'm in no hurry with that one. And the week after that I'll be teaching the mystery quilt during class, so no worry about cover work then either. I will only need to come up with something on the nights I'm at home. Maybe more twisted sister blocks since they really are so fast to make.

No comments: