Friday, September 29, 2006

Countdown to Retreat! 7 Days to go...

I'm excited and overwhelmed all at the same time! I have so much to do and prepare for that I am not completely positive that I'll get it all done. For now, I'm focusing on the block swap. I'm making 12 blocks, all of which are red, green and cream, as per instructions. Yes, it is for a Christmas quilt. I'm doing some chain piecing so I have 6 of them half done. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

It has been so busy around here. Today was fun with the kids after school was all done. They wanted to make a craft, so I took leftover felt and decided to let them make some pumpkins, well actually Jack-'o-lanterns. I don't know where I came up with the idea, of sewing two pieces together using raffia, but it worked great! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

ForestJane said...

Cute pumpkin!

Have fun on the retreat - I always really enjoy the one my guild does in November. :)