Friday, September 08, 2006

It's Friday!

And that means no school tomorrow. It also means "The Underground Railroad" at the LQS! Tomorrow is the first day of the BOM presentation. I'll get the book and fabric then also. I can't wait! I'll be sure to write all about it!

I got the next RR in the mail the other day. I haven't decided exactly what to do with it.... I have it up on my wall, giving it the opportunity to speak to me, but so far it has been rather silent. Hmmm....

In the meantime, I finished quilting the angel hug and have the binding sewn on to the front, the back will be hand work for me to take along whenever I need something to do. I also started quilting on the "Stairstepper" quilt. I found the perfect variegated thread for it... it is one of the Sulky Blenders... "Caramel Apple". I was able to quilt about 1/4 of it last night.

As for home-schooling... well, mixed feelings. Gentry is doing better and better each day. He is enjoying all of his subjects, except penmanship which I have to make fun for him to get him to even do it. I count the number of letters on each line, multiply times 10 and start counting backwards. He tries to finish them before I get to one. Hailey is doing really well in every subject except for math... which she is actually really good at doing, but she just doesn't want to do it, so she just stares at her book or daydreams or whatever. It is driving me crazy. I've tried to get creative with her, but it is really just a battle of wills and some days I honestly don't know who is winning. And I'm sorry to admit that while I have no problems at all when someone has trouble learning, I find myself very impatient when someone knows very well how to do something and is just choosing not to. Thank God she doesn't dawdle in the other subjects! It is funny as last year math was her favorite and now she hates it.

1 comment:

quiltpixie said...

its so frustrating when someone doesn't want ot learn something -- I hate stubborn and willful in other people -- in me its fine :-)

Hope you enjoy your workshop.