Thursday, September 14, 2006

Woohoo!

Oh, what a wonderful start to my Thursday morning! Hubby has to go wait for service people at a rental property, so he took the kids with them and they are going to do school there... I get the day off! And, I get the house all to myself! I have tons of PMs and emails to catch up on and then I'm going to work on quilty stuff!

I did manage to get a bit done this week, not nearly enough though! A friend gave me a gift of a membership to the local quilt guild which was so very sweet! And very needed as I could use the time out of the house. So, I've been working on some stuff for that... the BOM for this month is Antique Tiles, such an easy pattern. So, I did that. And we also are supposed to turn our name tag into a little quilted name tag. Now, I could have just put some fabric strips around it and then quilted it like that... but why would I do that when I have so much time on my hands... NOT! LOL! Yes, I do tend to make things more complicated than they have to be. I have two sides done... some pieces consist of HST that are only 1/4"! The rest is more of a random crazy type patchwork, but without the embroidery. I'll be sure to post a pic when I'm done. I would like to finish the top of it by this weekend.

During my spare time... however minimal it may be... I've been reading "The Preacher's Daughter". So far, I really like it. And I have often longed for a much simpler existence, like those of the Amish. Sometimes I think that all of our "modern conveniences" are really just making things more complicated overall. As say this as I'm typing on my computer... LOL! Yes, I do feel a bit like a hypocrite. LOL!

Quiltpixie, you mentioned my weightloss. I'm still working on it, still losing, slowly but surely. However, I don't have a "treat" planned for my 40 pound goal. And after the expense of this past reward, hubby has definitely said I need something a lot less expensive this time around. And with the holidays coming, he is absolutely right. So, I'm definitely open to suggestions!!! I have already done a book and a computer game, so I would like something different. Please post any ideas... I really think it helps to stay focuses when you have something to look forward to.

1 comment:

quiltpixie said...

what about a new accessory for your wardrobe, or a massage (if that's your kind of thing) or a pedicure/manicure... Or a trip to a particular art gallery/museum or other kinda site that you'd enjoy in your area, but never make the effort to go to otherwise??