Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I designed a FQ pattern!

I excited to say I designed a FQ pattern. I have nearly all the instructions typed up and everything. But my mother suggested I do the border a bit differently so I'm giving that some consideration. I have 4 opinions on the subject and the results are split down the middle. I was really hoping for a real lean in one direction. I have already picked out my fabrics to make one for myself and a friend has offered to be a pattern tester. I have a ton of stuff going on right now, but once I get the decision on the border made I would like to spend a little bit of time each day getting the quilt done... even if it is only 15 mins.

I washed the fabrics for my son's quilt today, but didn't get to work on cutting yet. I did, however, work a bit more on the Stairstepper quilt. So far it is pretty easy, so I can think about other things while I'm working on it. LOL!

Now, something to ponder over. What do you do about friends that aren't really friends? I mean there are friends out there who are wonderful to you when times are tough, but when things are starting to go well, like a wonderful relationship or new job opportunity or whatever, they are no longer supportive... in fact, they actually try to sabotage your new happiness. I guess an obvious reaction would be that they are jealous. Does that mean that you should feel sorry for them and accept their negative behavior? Or do you realize that life is short and you want to surround yourself with true friends? Yes, there is a reason I'm having to ponder this matter. And I have actually already come up with my own conclusion. But it would be interesting to know what others have done in the same situation...

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Kimberly - thank you for visiting my blog. I've enjoyed yours, as well, and will be back often. I especially will be back to read your archives and see everything you've been up to. Again, thank you!