Sunday, June 25, 2006

A/C, ABCs and 123

Our A/C finally quit on us! And boy is it hot in the house. However, thanks to my wonderful sister, we have a window unit in my room now, so we at least have a cool room and bathroom. The computer, TV and sewing machine are in my room as well, so we have all been camped out in here today. Which isn't uncommon, but it has been more consistent with the cooler air.

ABCDEFGHIJKLM.... yes, I'm singing. My son has colored blocks for all those letters now. We had a slight delay in the coloring with VBS and FlyLady Camp, but today he did 2 1/2 letters. I will probably trace a few more tonight so that they will be ready when he is.

123... I feel like I'm following a very easy step by step method on this quilt I'm making for my MIL. She was really sweet and took me to Paducah in April for the AQS show. She doesn't even quilt, which made it even more kind. While we were there, we picked up a pattern and FQ pack from one of my favorite stores, Pincushion. It is in CA and the FQ packs are called "sweet treats". You should go visit their online store...
http://www.sweettreat.com Anyway, here is a picture of the pattern that I'm making. It is called "Stairstepper". The color choices I'm using are different, with dusty mauves and sage greens and rich burgundys, etc. I'll post pics when I can. I'll admit I haven't gotten very far yet. But now with the A/C going to be replaced I should be able to get a lot more done!

No comments: