Monday, July 11, 2005

Blog-A-Thon and Update

First of all, I would like to start off with the Blog-A-Thon info...

To help celebrate the paperback release of her most recent mystery novel, THE HALO EFFECT, author and popular lit blogger M. J. Rose is sponsoring the inaugural "GOOD BOOKS/GOOD CAUSE BLOG-A-THON" campaign.For every blog that links to a short animated film advertising THE HALO EFFECT before July 19, M. J. Rose's pledge supporters -- her publisher, agent, family and friends -- will collectively donate $5 to the nonprofit literacy organization, Reading Is Fundamental.Her goal is to have at least 500 blogs link to the site and raise $2500+ for the charity.Here's my link:
Learn more about THE HALO EFFECT

And for an update. my son's dinosaur quilt has been basted and quilted. I'm going to start on the binding tonight.
I tried the "Stack-n-wack" techniques on some old fabric that I wasn't fond of. Not too bad, but I don't think I'll be doing much with it. I'm glad that I found how to do it by watching Fons & Porter on PBS instead of paying big money to take a class.
The new class I'm teaching at church is starting this week. I'm so excited! I have a new student, but most are regulars. If they only knew how beautiful this mystery quilt will be!!!!
I've been playing around with the idea of what to use my Cross-Country fat quarters for... then I decided to use them for Jennifer Chiaverini's "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler". However, it is a very big quilt and I'm going to have to purchase a lot more fabric.
I finished cutting all the pieces for my twisted sisters quilt. Now, the next time I go to quilting (but am not teaching), I'll get to work on it.
I have a few more rows on my watercolor cross completed. But I'm not going to work on it anymore until after the dino quilt is binded.

No comments: