Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Twisty Cakes Class & Fun with Judy

My class went so well! The ladies were all wonderful and I loved seeing all of the great twisty blocks they made. I thought teaching from 9:00 to 4:00 might be a bit long, but the time just flew by so quickly. I could have easily continued on until late in the evening. I hope to make another digital scrapbook page after our next meeting, when I plan to get some pics of their "Twisty Cakes" quilts, in whatever stage they are at. Aren't the graphics on the "page" cute?! They are from a wonderful site that offers free digitial scrapbook kits...Shabby Princess.




I've been very busy lately and have lots of pics to show you, but I can't quite yet.

I'm working on another pattern and have made two tops for it, neither of which will be on the cover, so I need to wait to show you those.

I've also tested out a quilt pattern for a friend, it is so easy and super fast. But I need to wait to be able to show you that one until she has a store or something else set up for orders.


Now, there are a few things that I can show. My step-mom, Judy, has taken up quilting and is flying with her progress. She has made at least two more tops, possibly full quilts, since then but I don't have pics of those yet. This a pic of her first quilt, made entirely from flannel charms, it is gorgeous! She got the kit when we went to Paducah.
She also got some interesting fiber scarf kits. Here are some pics from the one she and I made for me.

No comments: