Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to me. ;)

My birthday was last week and I've been celebrating off and on for almost two weeks now.

It started with a much needed family vacation to celebrate both my birthday and Father's Day. We had been planning it for a long time. And sometimes when you do that, the expectation builds up and the plans don't seem to hold up to those expectations. Not the case this time! We went to Natchez Trace and it was so beautiful. I had intended to take lots of pictures, but we were having so much fun that I forgot to most of the time. I do have some though to share.

The most beautiful parts of the area in my opinion were the areas covered in ivy. I've never seen anything quite like it.




We had a beautiful view to wake up to and the kids got to pretend to be little forest rangers, too cute!




They also went on their first hike. They really aren't very in to the outdoors, so I did listen to a few complaints here and there. LOL!


Since then I've had wonderful gifts from family and friends...each on a different day. Even Rita Smith (at our LQS, Quiltsmiths) gave me a birthday discount. But, it's not all about "me", I'm even offering quiltstores two different sales for my patterns.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Cool pictures and I love the new look. I can hardly wait until this weekend!!