Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Classes and My Ostrich

Woohoo! I'm going to be teaching two classes this year.

  • "Twisty Cakes" - June 28th, 9:00 - 4:00, Cordova, TN

  • "Sassy Sixteen" - October 4th, Great Escape Retreat, Maple Mount, KY

The "Twisty Cakes" class is $20 and that includes the pattern. Email me if you will be in the area and are interested.

The "Sassy Sixteen" class is during the much anticipated PUP's Great Escape 2008 Retreat! Other teachers for the retreat include: Jill Eugenia, Tanja Todd-Kellum, Easie Cecil and Karen Combs. We still have a few spots open, so let me know if you would like to come.

My "Ostrich" is finally coming along. A few months ago I completed the third round, Yin Yang. I used ribbons with knots in the middle to add dimension, texture and balance. Light purple fabric with dark purple ribbons; dark green fabric with light green ribbons; half of the ribbons are vertical and half are horizontal; a much more straight and structured round after the completely reckless round prior to it...all about balance.


The fourth round, Paradise, really gave me a lot of grief. Not so much in regards to actually doing the round, but in deciding what to do. Defining what "Paradise" means to me and then coming up with a design that represents that meaning, that also works with the previous rounds...well, it took forever. Finally, inspiration struck and all was revealed. So, what does Paradise mean to me? The Lord and all the blessings he continuously pours out to me...my cup runneth over! I know the picture is rather wonky, but if you look in the corners you will see goblets and they are overflowing, running over, all over the place. :)



No comments: