Saturday, April 23, 2005

Block 14 and Heaven

Block 14 done! Each block completed gives me a little more relief. I can't wait for this one to be finished. Then I can start working on my son's next birthday quilt. This year my 3 year old said he wanted a "dinosaur" quilt. I couldn't find a pattern that I really liked, so I designed my own paper piecing block and quilt pattern and am looking forward to seeing how well it works out.
For my "cover" work tonight I completed that trying block from the mystery quilt. It isn't actually a block, more like a partial quilt. It looks wonderful, filled with various different star blocks... reminds me of a little piece of Heaven. I'm now anxious to teach this part to the class! It is always such a high when I accomplish something in quilting... not to mention having something beautiful to look at. I'm also feeling such a relief that it all came together properly!!!

No comments: