Friday, April 22, 2005

Block 13

Yes! I completed the 13th block. I also managed to do some "cover" work. I am teaching a mystery quilt at my church and the instructions for the current block are off. It has taken me several days to rewrite and redesign everything, but I finally found something that will work. So, I pieced some on that tonight. I have finished just in time, as my hubby will be home shortly. Now I can enjoy some of my favorite reading by Jennifer Chiaverini. I just got her latest book, "The Sugar Camp Quilt" on Monday. It was actually a wink from God what happened. I tried to buy the book over the weekend, but sadly my usual bookstore was sold out. And while I was browsing at her site, I accidentally clicked on the events link and discovered that she would be making a one and only stop to my town on her book tour... and it happened to be that very same day. I rushed to the store and was unfortunately rather late, but I did get to hear her speak for a few moments and she did sign my book. :) I must say, she came across as very sweet and personable! If possible, I may even like her books more than before. If you love quilting and you haven't read her Elm Creek series, you are definitely missing out! Well, I'm going to go cut some more fabric for that mystery quilt. All of a sudden I'm feeling rather productive tonight. :)

No comments: