Monday, January 14, 2008

Hoping for snow...

If all goes the way I want it to, we might have some snow at the end of the week. But I'm not really counting on it. We don't have snow very often. I'm still hoping though.

I had a friend over for a bit yesterday. It was just what I needed to get going on stuff. I made a block for the guild's donation to the Farm and Gin show. They are going with jewel tones.




After that was done my friend left, but I was still feeling motivated so I finally finished the second round of my Ostrich Challenge quilt, "Binary" was the theme. I decided when I started that this quilt was meant for me to challenge myself. I definitely did that with this round...the non-uniform and quirky meander of the bias tape...very unlike me. I enjoyed my accomplishment for about two seconds before I realized I had no idea what I was going to do for the next round. LOL!


I finished quilting on my Wreath WH, yes, I know, it is after Christmas. I still have about half of the binding to do and some type of sleeve. I wanted to finish up the guild stuff first though. I still have the BOM to do, but I'm having to search high and low for water-soluble thread. I didn't realize it would be so hard to come by and I don't have time to order it. Still not sure I want to do this block at all, but I'll probably give it a try anyway.


My next pattern hit a speed bump, the layout wasn't working as well as I had hoped for. So, now I think I have that part solved. Just struggling with finding the time to piece it! Maybe I can get an hour in today.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Your challenge quilt is very nicely done. :)

Jan said...

I like what you did with your challenge quilt!

Perry said...

I think your challenge quilt is really great! Love the meander part. I am sure you will come up with something that will work with what you have done.

Elin said...

You are of great inspiration to me, and I've sent you an award. View my blog!