Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Oh, I wish you all a very blessed 2008! I've been spending extra time with the hubby and kids over the holiday. It has been wonderful, but I have gone through a few "blog" withdrawals. Christmas was wonderful and the kids had such fun with their new things. We let them stay up until Midnight for the New Year, playing games, reading together and having some great, yet simple snacks including Cocktail Meatballs, Rotel Cheese Dip and chips and the Gingerbread house we had decorated together. New Years day was even more casual with a big pot of black-eyed peas and cornbread.

Today I'm back to work... mostly on my next pattern. A tiny hint is that it is made from A LOT of charms. I'll try to post a bit of a sneak peek picture soon. I have promised to have it ready sometime in the Spring, but I'll also have Hailey's Birthday quilt to tend with at the same time, so wish me luck.

Tonight I'm going to work on the binding of the Wreath quilt. I know, Christmas is over, but I'm so close to having it finished, I can't bare the thought of waiting until next fall to finish it up.

Speaking of finishing... here is my new UFO list... why does it have to be so long??? LOL! If all goes well I'll be able to cross off something by tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some handwork done while watching the game.

What game??? The Fiesta Bowl with the OU Sooners of course! I wish I still lived in AZ right about now.

Hubby and I are also going to try to finish the second half of the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Boy it is a long movie!

UFOs 2008

Needs to be quilted and bound...
  • Twisted Sisters Quilt
  • Rejoice Quilt
  • Sampler of Psalms Quilt
  • Jacob's Ladder Quilt
  • Katydid Mystery Quilt
  • Raspberry Tea in Tuscany Quilt
  • Wreath Quilt

Needs to be pieced, quilted and bound...
  • Jack-o'-lantern wall-hanging
  • Christmas Quilt 1
  • Christmas Quilt 2
  • Charm Quilt
  • Autumn Sampler Quilt
  • Mystery #122A Quilt
  • Mystery #122B Quilt
  • Hailey's Birthday Quilt
  • Christmas Greetings Table Runner
  • Retreat Swap Christmas Quilt
  • Judy's Quilt
  • Ostrich Challenge Quilt
  • Hailey's Round Robin Quilt
  • Underground Railroad Quilt
  • "New Pattern" Quilt
  • Christmas Table Topper
  • QOYO Quilt

1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Kimberly--looks like it will be a busy year for you!! LOL!!! Good luck on your new pattern, I'm sure it will be great!