Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back from Branson

Wow, what a vacation. I'm still trying to recover from all the activity. It was great. Got together with family and did lots of activities with the kids. I have lots of pics from the vacation to post, so I'll probably have to do a little bit each day.


We stayed at Grand Country. They have a wonderful Fudge & Gift Shop! We bought several different types of fudge. It is so rich that we haven't finished any of them yet. I also found this perfect plate and hanger set. You know me and grapes... I had to have it!

They have this great indoor water park, Splash Country, and the kids had so much fun...okay, I had fun too. It has slides, rope ladders, small pools, a little lazy river, and more.




The most interesting thing was this giant bucket at the top of the structure. It would fill up with water and then when it was full it would sound a bell as a "warning" (but it served more like a call to have people gather underneath it) that it was going to dump out. The force and amount of water is incredible. You can just barely make out Hailey among the water.

And yes, I found the LQS there. Found a new book, a grape print I've been wanting, and a couple of pale fabrics to audition for Santa's face for Melinda's Santa Placemats and Tablerunner.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and a quilt store as well, bonus.

Mel said...

I wanna go....I take the same kind of pictures you do on vacation. There are never any pictures of me in them. LOL. What a cute quilt store, you made some good choices. Better get busy guild is next week..

~Bren~ said...

The kids look like they are having a blast. Wow I can't belive that quilt store...it looks huge! Love your purchases. Glad you are back.

Jan said...

Sounds like you all had a great time--what fun! And a quilt store added in--all the better! I like your grapes plates and hanger-very pretty!!

Darlene said...

Wow, what a fun vacation!

When I was away quilting last week end one of my friends was working with one of your patterns. We had so much fun reading it (be sure to eat, take a break, etc). Delightful and now I need to order it, too. BTW, her quilt was wonderful.