Saturday, August 12, 2006

Round Robin Center

I got a little surprise in the mail today. It is someone's center for the RR I'm in. I will admit that I haven't finished my own center yet. After I cut the pieces, I decided I wanted something different, so I have to start over. However, I have until Tuesday to finish and get it in the mail and I know exactly what I want now. But the center that arrived today was just wonderful. I have already started looking through my stash for fabric to go with it. I will get started on both just as soon as the quilting on Gentry's is done... only three blocks left which I'll probably finish tonight. And of course I'm also excited to find out what the first round will be for the OC.

The first week of school is over and I was actually more relaxed and less stressed by Friday. The kids did great and as usual, surprised me by how smart they are. Still a lot of work, but I'm feeling better about it. Darlene, thanks for the kind comments. People always say that they couldn't do it, but I don't believe it. I mean, as parents we want what is best for our children, and in this case home-school is what is best right now. Besides, how many sacrifices do parents make for their kids on a daily basis! It is just part of the job. And quilt pixie, they do get a "fall break" which isn't something we had as kids, but that's about it and it doesn't make up for starting as early as they do. It really is terrible. I guess I could choose my own days, within the legal limits, but it seems to be easier for the kids to be on the same schedule as others.

Okay, I'm off to get an early start on Gentry's quilt today, so that perhaps I'll get to work on something else later on tonight. The cross-stitch is finished and just needs to be framed. I also ordered the perfect variegated thread for my own quilt and will hopefully get it basted soon. I'm so anxious to start working on it!

2 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I love the cross stitch -- I don't think I'd ever heard the elephant's name before... He brought a smile my way as I can just see him on the sidelines of a soccer game or some such...

ForestJane said...

The Lumpy Xstitch is cute!

And I really like the fall themed one at the top too. Congrats on the first week of school going so well. :)