Monday, June 06, 2005

Final Class and more Dinos

The last week or so has been so busy! On the 1st my class finished up their mystery quilts and it was wonderful. I was so proud of everyone and I truly loved how all of their quilts turned out! Each one was as wonderful and unique as each of the ladies who made them!!! We now have 6 months to quilt and bind them for a display at our church. I'm also getting ready to teach a new one starting next month!
In the meantime, I need to work on my son's dinosaur quilt. The weather here has been so warm and humid and our A/C doesn't work well, so it has been way too warm to actually accomplish much in the sewing/quilting department. Even having the sewing machine turned on with it's little light seems to make it feel at least 5 degrees hotter, LOL! Despite the heat, I have managed to do a few more dino blocks, for a total of 5. Only 7 more to go. It takes me about an hour and a half per block, so I really only feel like doing one at a time. I'm going to back to ironing and trimming those half-square triangles for the remainder of my evening.

No comments: